The Red Hook Police Department:
- Handles approximately 2,000 calls for
service or public safety actions per year
excluding daily traffic safety actions.
- The department works closely with and is
supported by the New York State Police who
assist in providing dispatch communications and
- The Village of Red Hook provides 16 hours of
base police patrol services from 8:00am to
mid-night every day.
- Additional services are provided based upon
community needs and the availability of outside
resources such as grants for targeted public
safety and law enforcement activities.
- Police services are provided to Town of Red
Hook community members based upon yearly
contracted service agreements with the Village
of Red Hook.
- The Red Hook police department works closely
with the Red Hook Central School District to
provide a safe a secure learning environment for
our community youth and school employees.
- Three officers are NYS certified School
- Five officers are currently NYS certified
instructors and specialists providing updated
skills and knowledge to Red Hook and other
police officers in Northern Dutchess and Ulster
- There are currently 10 police officers
providing uniformed patrol duties for the Red
Hook Police Department.
- Additionally, two highly experienced
officers are currently assigned to assist with
follow-up investigations and assist other
officers as needed.
- The entire police operational budget has
remained relatively constant in the last few
years while the departmentís productivity levels
and capabilities have increased dramatically.
- Approximately 66% of the current operating
costs for providing police services to the Red
Hook community by the Red Hook Police Department
are offset by the combination of revenues
provided from grants, donations, outside
government services, and revenues generated by
court fines and fees from convicted offenders.